The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have tried unsuccessfully to start up a planted tank. I have a Finnex 24/7 light, lava substrate specifically designed for plants, and a community tank. The problem is my loaches. I have 6 very loaches and I’m assuming it’s them wrecking my plans. 2 of them are 6-8 inches long. I would like to figure out something other than moving them to a new tank as hubs isn’t interested in a second tank. I have spent probably $200 on plants and they’ve all been uprooted and killed off no matter what I do as far as securing/hiding/covering them. Please help! Conversely if anyone is in the Minneapolis area and has a 75gallon or larger and wants some loaches...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi. I have tried unsuccessfully to start up a planted tank. I have a Finnex 24/7 light, lava substrate specifically designed for plants, and a community tank. The problem is my loaches. I have 6 very loaches and Iâ€m assuming itâ€s them wrecking my plans. 2 of them are 6-8 inches long. I would like to figure out something other than moving them to a new tank as hubs isnâ€t interested in a second tank. I have spent probably $200 on plants and theyâ€ve all been uprooted and killed off no matter what I do as far as securing/hiding/covering them. Please help! Conversely if anyone is in the Minneapolis area and has a 75gallon or larger and wants some loaches...
24/7 light is bad, 8h - 10h is better

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
24/7 light is bad, 8h - 10h is better

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Nay, nay....I have a Finnex 24/7 Planted Plus running in 24/7 mode, but on a timer from 7am till midnight - works great!

OP - Suggest with those fish you stay away from rooted plants and go with Anubus, Java Fern and add floating plants like Water Sprite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.