The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I have 6 dwarf shrimp in a 5.5gal tank that I just set up a week ago. I recently noticed 1 of my shrimp not moving with a light grey film-looking substance over him and thought he might've gotten sick and died without my noticing.

However another shrimp went over next to him, and now I can see the sick (looking) shrimp is slightly moving, but not much and not swimming.

My tank levels look good - a bit ammonia that I've been working on but other than that nothing else I can see. I'm new to dwarf shrimp ownership and want to do everything I can for him.

I've attached a photo of him - can anyone give a suggestion of what's happening?
Thanks in advance!
Plant Vegetation Terrestrial plant Wood Groundcover

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
You should have cycled the tank before introducing the shrimp. No ammonia or nitrites.

Those appear to be female shrimp... so that coloration you are seeing is the "racing stripe" - females get most frequently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thinking, throw a pack of purigen in it, do a 20% with ro and salty shrimp. I mean that my go to start if stuff is weird. Everyones got their own way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.