The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to find two sealed Concoa/Praxair ProStar 312's for a very attractive price and grabbed both, one for each tank...

I'm ordering Burkert 6011 today, am sorting out what elbows and connections I'll need (keeping everything 1/8 not for simplicity during this first go around)

I've run into a snag... I want a bubble counter attached to my reg, so I know I need a quality check valve, suggestions (model numbers too if you have them, if now I'm a good googler)

Also, I'm trying to use my Paypal balance and a little Paypal credit to get these built, so the plants are actually paying for my build?? I love the idea of the Ideal Valve but I can't use my PP account (I'll pull the trigger regardless if necessary)

I found these though, and per specs, all three seem like they would work.

Can anyone more knowledgeable confirm before I buy?

All are 1/8 npt connections, as well as cheaper than a new Ideal Valve

New Swagelok B-2MG4

New Hoke millimite 1335F27

Used Swagelok Nupro SS-22RF2 (the priciest)

Any other suggestions are welcome as well!

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm also a tad misguided on sealing the pieces. I've heard not to use Teflon tape because it can ruin your reg if it gets inside, and other who says it the only way to secure a sealed fit on the high pressure connections.

What's the sealing standard of choice for our application (in well versed in Teflon, as well as other sealants from reef plumbing etc)

Just admittedly this is my first adventure is reg building, and I'd like to start it off right rather than skipping steps or resorting to lower quality parts.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
I prefer to use pipe compound for the solenoid connections, though if you are careful, you can use PTFE tape (just don't let any little bits get into the solenoid).

PTFE tape in general though, does work well, even for the high pressure connection. Just don't use too much excess and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So since that time, two additional build have been completed. Admittedly, I need to grab a few different connections to shorten and clean up the design, but both are up and running flawlessly.

Big thanks to AlanLe on here for his insight and patience with all my questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.