The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is this guy in my city who is selling shrimps that he breeds, about a month ago I bought 20 RCS's from him with the idea to start a 25L shrimp aquarium, when I bought the RCS's I saw that he had a lot of cool plants too so I bought a few floating plants too.
They are multiplying and growing at a very rapid rate, which I don't mind at all since they cut a bit the light from the aquarium and prevent algae development, but I would just like to know what they are called so I can look up a bit of information on them... There are two species one smaller (grows between 0.5-1cm and one bigger, grows between 6-7cm it also has "hairy" leaves and really long, fuzzy roots), the first photo is top the second is bottom view.
The third photo is of a plant that I also got from this guy, I know its a pretty common plant but I like how it looks and also grows very fast, I don't know its name :(
Any help with identification would be greatly appreciated :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
The common names for your floaters are duckweed and water lettuce (I'm pretty sure it's water lettuce).
The stem is a Limnophila species. I think sessiliflora but not too sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the above info is correct.
The last plant - the stem, is likely Limnophila, but it's possible it's a variety of Cabomba instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.