The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I am new to this site; I've been doing google searches all morning trying to find anyone suggesting the best way to set up a long tank so the water circulates well. All I can find is articles on how important good circulation is...

So, I was wondering if I could maybe get some input, maybe some ideas on placement of plants and the powerhead? I'm battling algae, and cyanobacteria. I know the latter is basically a lack of water changes issue ( I have a 6 month old, and it's been a challenge keeping up with the tank:crying:...but I won't give up!!!)

I've got a 20g long, moderate to heavily planted tank. I've got a DIY CO2 set up which I have to replace the yeast/sugar mix about every 1-2 weeks.
It's stocked with one Otto, four Galaxy Rasboras, one Yoyo Loach, three Amano Shrimp, and 5 Painted Fire Red Cherry Shrimp....or painted fire shrimp...whatever...they're very very red. lol

Thanks!

P.S. I've got dwarf hairgrass and a little bunch of flame moss in the floating dish, waiting for me to replant it/attach to something. The other day I spent a few hours picking all the cyanobacteria sludge out of each blade of grass and piece of moss...labor of love people, labor of love.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.