The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering a new acrylic aquarium and would like some opinions on where the tank should be pre-drilled. Also is an internal overflow advisable with FW? I am a novice to FW but have had salt and reef setups for years. The tank is going to be a 125gallon 60x18x24. I am looking at using 2x Eheim 2026's for filtration. I am leaning towards using a couple T5 lights with reflectors I have from another reef setup. This tank will contain some live plants, and mostly live bearers and a few misc tetras. I am new at this and open to any and all opinions on equipment that will be needed and flow suggestions.
thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would get it drilled but without the overflow.
Just out of curiosity, why would you recommend this? If his bulkhead fails he will have 125 gallons of water on his floor. At least with the overflow he would only have a few gallons of water on the floor if the bulkhead failed...

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Overflows make it much harder to get decent CO2 levels. Also in planted tanks they get clogged very easy.

The chance of a bulkhead failure ranks right up there with the chance of a seam busting on a glass tank. Extremely low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts