The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help with new Fluval Plant 3.0 please! No co2

792 3
Hello! I’m new here. I joined specifically to get help with this issue before it gets out of hand. I am not new to planted tanks but I have a new light that I don’t know what to do with.

I have a 75 gallon planted tank with established crypts, rotala, dwarf aquarium lily, anubias, and pothos out the top
Plant Vertebrate Organism Mammal Terrestrial plant

. I am trying to get ludwiga, tiger lotus, and giant hygro going as well but they are new. I dose Excel, root tabs, 1/2 doses of easy green and a touch of easy iron. It is fully stocked with rainbowfish and barbs and a couple nerites. The barbs clean ALL food off the substrate very well. and I do weekly 50% water changes. TDS 120, GH3, KH3, PH 7.2, ammonia and nitrite 0, nitrates are <20.

I was running an Aquaticlife Edge LED in this tank for about 7 years with an approximately 9 hour photoperiod and a siesta in the afternoon… but it started going on the fritz a month ago so I purchased a Fluval Plant 3.0. I am kind of lost on how to set up the new light properly. I keep fiddling with it and I am getting diatoms and green dust/spot algae now which I did not have before. Please help! I would love to copy someone else’s settings. Here’s what I have set on the light now but I have been messing with it a lot trying to learn how the app works and dial in the photoperiod and light levels.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
The Fluval may simply be a more powerful light than your previous one...the extra power has probably increased the plant's metabolism which requires extra ferts without which you'll get algae....if your comfort zone was with the previous light I'd try lowering the Fluval settings

· Registered
29 Posts
I am currently trying to find the sweet spot for my 3.0s. I have 4 on a 180 gallon. I have a shorter ramp up and down period but a similar 2 part viewing period with siesta. Maybe go with a 30 minute ramp to peak light. Doesn’t hurt to knock all levels down and slowly bring them back up when ready.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.