The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the coralife power center digital timer. this one: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+20169+11379&pcatid=11379
but mine is the single digital model. it has two day cycle outlets ( CO2 and lights) and two night cycle outlets (airstone) and 4 full time outlets.
My problem is with the day cycle. I can program each outlet to operate at different times, but they both turn on at the same time at which ever has been programed the earliest. I want it programmed to turn on my CO2 1 hour to 30 minutes before my lights turn on. But they both turn on at the same time. anyone else had this problem and have any ideas how to get around it?
I'm struggling with algae in my relatively new setup, 1.5 months, so this is getting frustrating. I'd like to try a siesta midday but I don't think this model will allow such programing. Maybe I should have just went with the old school grasslin dial timer. At least I know how to program them for various settings......So much for trying to be high-speed.....

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I can't help you on the digal timer. I've never used one. I use Coralife's dual mechanical timers ( Dual, CD-21145 $44.99 $35.99 ) on all my tanks with no problem. Some of Coralife's early single mechanical timers caught on fire, but I haven't read about that in quite a while. The early ones had a sticker that said that they were not for aquarium use of all things. That is changed now.

·
Registered
743 Posts
you said you can program each outlet to operate at different time ( IS THAT A TYPO) ..if not i wanmt to know how you do that ? i got the same one digital single

control only 4outlet ( 2day and 2night) and 4 constant-power outlets
2 day turn on , 2 night will turn off ( and the other way around)
can program different time 7 days a weeks
but never cant program each outlet different time

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so i think i was confused, thanks for pointing that out kali. i tried to find the instructions online and had no luck searching for coralife. the product is on the oceanic website, but again, no instructions. so i did find the instructions for for the "zilla" power center digital timer for reptile tanks. this timer is the exact same as the as the coralife one, but is not recommended for aquatic use, perhaps the one left c alluded to. come to find out all three name brands, oceanic, coralife and zilla are all owned by the same company: central garden & pet so no wonder the timers look and operate the same. so i guess to get the timer options for my lights i am looking for i will just have to run my lights of of the cheap $9 grasslin timer which will allow me to program my lights any way i want and still have my CO2 and night cycle equipment run off of my coralife power center. thanks to all for trying to help with my confusion...BH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts