The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
i need some help to try and make my Brazilian pennywort cover the entire surface of my tank, I have tried unsucessfully for quite some time now and it just will not cover the tank. I have 5 14w CFL's over a 29 gallon and i have DIY co2 (two bottles), This plant will just not grow over the entire surface of the tank it currently has 6 leaves and everytime it gets a new one the previous one dies,

p.s. i am not dosing very regularly im sure this and the DIY co2 fluctuations are the bulk of my problem, but if anyone has any advice about getting pennywort to make a canopy or conditions that they used, i would love to hear it thanks!!

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
If its floating, it should be getting sufficient CO2 from the atmosphere. Lighting deprivation is certainly not an issue... it could either be lack of nutrients (ie, your not dosing), or the light is TOO close to the surface and is just burning off the plant.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Just plant it in the back and it will grow up to the surface and cover it in no time :) That way it can get nutrients through its roots and won't be turning over as it may when it's floating, which prevents it from getting oriented to the light IME

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm yeh good idea to plant it maybe put a root tab next to it thanks guys ill give it a shot

yeh it does turn over a lot :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts