The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have a 60x36x22high planted tank. The substrate is 17" from the waterline. Right now I have 2 250w metal halides and I get full coverage but I am wanting to switch over to a dimable LED setup that I can control the color output. Ideally under 1k.

I actually placed an order for a BML light but due to their closing I had to cancel the order. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hi Guys, I have a 60x36x22high planted tank. The substrate is 17" from the waterline. Right now I have 2 250w metal halides and I get full coverage but I am wanting to switch over to a dimable LED setup that I can control the color output. Ideally under 1k.

I actually placed an order for a BML light but due to their closing I had to cancel the order. Any suggestions?
2 48 longs w/ a custom or freshwater spectrum.....
https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-48-long/

Other than that DsunY
If you want hanging puck style..you need about 6 :eek:

Not a lot of options for FW deep penetrating, wide spread, color changing lighting...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is in an office so DIY is mostly off the table. If it were at home I'd be more inclined but I'd rather just buy one and call it a day.

I'm trying to avoid CO2, right now with the MH being 16" up I've had no real algae issues and I'm guessing most LEDs will be similar so I don't think that too much light is a concern. Worse case scenario I raise the lights higher.

I looked at the Kessil 360's but I'd need 4 due to the width and thats above the budget and they also have a limited spectrum. I don't know if a 48" fixture will work becuase of how direct LED's are. Has anyone tried a 48" LED fixture on a 60" tank? I looked at DsunY on ebay and they are on my list to consider.

Thanks for all the help so far guys

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Has anyone tried a 48" LED fixture on a 60" tank? I looked at DsunY on ebay and they are on my list to consider.

Thanks for all the help so far guys
48" LONG was designed for a 60" tank..if you trust their marketing..
There are lens options..

You'll have a lot of light to spare.. so tensing and height issues are really non-existent..

Right lenses and your spill will probably be less.. Dial the light down and your PAR drops..

FW example w/ custom spectrum..
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12-tank-journals/941866-60-gallon-starfire-dutch-3.html

DSunY will be a bit cheaper (lower output probably), but w/ a few more bells and whistles....and no fans.. ;)
They also will customize, but communication is a wee bit harder.. Oh and 'warranty' repair is usually "they send parts, you put in" just a fair warning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.