The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had 3 of them in my tank for about 5 months now. Only in the past month have i seen any growth. Most of the growth that's there is in the form of plant-lets. Is this a common occurence or is there something wrong.

Also, and I know this may have to do with the above, the leaf tips have been getting lighter in color.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
any ferts?

and any new leafs forming from the main tuber of main plant?

sounds like a difficiency in lots of things like nitrogen, magnesium, sulphur if the tips are turning yellowish or just a lighter green?

oh, cut back on your photoperiod to 8 hours.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ferts, yes. I use Seachem nitrogen, potassium, phosphate, iron, and trace. I also use excel. Although its only been the last week that I've been consistent. Be for this maybe once a week I'd put a splash of something in, maybe.

There are a few new leaves coming of the rhizome. They look like the plant-lets though.

I have 3 coral life T5's. 2 of them have 1 28w 10K and 1 actinic each. The other has 2 28w'ers. 1 of the 50/50 fixtures comes on at 10:00, the other at 12:00. At 1:00 the 3rd light pops on until 6:00. At 7:00 one 50/50 goes off. the last one goes of at 9:00. Is this still to much light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts