The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by the LFS today and they got a new shipment of plants in. The guy helping me had no idea what they were. If you could identify them that would be great! Thank you!

Sorry for the poor pictures.

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
The second one is Lobelia cardinalis, possibly the 'dwarf' form-- it's hard to say.
I diagree, i still believe that it is infact alternanthera reineckii cardinalis, i do have some in my tank and it looks just the same, also the Lobelai looks WAY redder than this, if redder is a word :), also it looks just like the pictures OVT put up.

Wait! i was looking at the non aquatic plant, i see what you mean, but i still really think it is the Alternanthera.

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
I diagree, i still believe that it is infact alternanthera reineckii cardinalis, i do have some in my tank and it looks just the same, also the Lobelai looks WAY redder than this, if redder is a word :), also it looks just like the pictures OVT put up.

Wait! i was looking at the non aquatic plant, i see what you mean, but i still really think it is the Alternanthera.
Sorry, but it's definitely not Alternanthera reineckii. The leaf and stem structure is totally off. I will stand behind my ID.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.