The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first natural aquarium and I wanted to get some suggestions/criticism on my hardscaping so far. I'm working with a 75g tank and am waiting for my CO2 tank to come in Friday, then I will begin planting. I am also going to be getting some more stones to place around/under the branch and smaller stones to scape around the sand path.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Bella

Bump:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
So what is your vision for this scape ? Do you have an inspiration aquarium ?

Without knowing much about your plan, my 2 cents would be
1. move the path/wood so it does not match the end of the wood
2. the path should be even wider at front.
3. the rocks ( or at lest one) need to be taller. Match the wood height
4. the path should be at the same level as the other substrate unless you want to add a stone ridge between them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what is your vision for this scape ? Do you have an inspiration aquarium ?

Without knowing much about your plan, my 2 cents would be
1. move the path/wood so it does not match the end of the wood
2. the path should be even wider at front.
3. the rocks ( or at lest one) need to be taller. Match the wood height
4. the path should be at the same level as the other substrate unless you want to add a stone ridge between them

My vision is somewhat a combination of a couple tanks mashed together, but below would be the closest.

I agree with everything you've mentioned.
I really like the idea of carpeting 60% with dwarf hair grass and clovers. Then maybe some onion bulbs behind the wood piece. Still figuring out what else I'd like to plant though.
I will try to move the wood to the left side, if not move the path a little over and increase the width and level.
I really liked these rocks and I happened to buy it all out the local aquarium store I go to so maybe I'll have to switch to a different kind, because I don't think I'll be able to find any bigger/taller ones. I might just increase the amount of stones exponentially as well to make it a little rougher looking.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts