The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
My eyes keep bouncing back and forth between the rocks and driftwood. Almost feels like two separate aquascapes. Try putting them together in such a way to create a single focal point that also allows the eye to smoothly transition across the scape. I love the type of rock you chose btw

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I would either make a base for the wood out of the stones or
remove the 2 largest rocks in the back and fill in the gap(so as to make a middleground out of wood and stone).

It is hard to suggest more as it depends on the plants you are going to use and how you want the aquarium to integrate in the room.

Regards,
duky

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I see trees looking over a cliff of rocks. So I would turn the wood vertical, place it behind or in between a pile of rocks so the trees are growing over the rocks. Leaving one side of the tank open for a simulated meadow below.

·
Registered
188 Posts
My eyes keep bouncing back and forth between the rocks and driftwood. Almost feels like two separate aquascapes. Try putting them together in such a way to create a single focal point that also allows the eye to smoothly transition across the scape. I love the type of rock you chose btw
I agree with this! My vision is split in two and there is a lot of dissonance in the tank because of this dichotomy. Find a focal point that you want to draw the viewer into. Create perspective by putting larger rocks in the back and smaller ones in the front.

I see trees looking over a cliff of rocks. So I would turn the wood vertical, place it behind or in between a pile of rocks so the trees are growing over the rocks. Leaving one side of the tank open for a simulated meadow below.
This would be simply lovely i love the way ohko stone looks with the right plants. Please take your time when you decide to finally submerge. Have a plan and make sure you love your scape before that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.