The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My emersed DHG belem isn't doing too great. It's in the tank I have in my signature. For some reason it just isn't growing like I want it to. It's taking a long time to take off and still hasn't really grown very much. Am I doing something wrong? I mist it almost every day, usually more than once a day.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
What kind of dirt is that? It looks too dense IMO. It took about 5-6 weeks to get a decent carpet of DHG belem in my tank.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Is the soil high in clay? You might have to change the soil. But give it a few more weeks. What type of ferts are you using? I used Miracle Grow Organic Choice Potting Mix with Osmocote pellets and I was able to grow DHG belem just fine.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The soil does seem to be high in clay. I may just go ahead and fill it, because I have some other plants waiting to go in there and it would soften up the clay. I haven't been fertilizing I didn't think I would need to with topsoil. The HM in there is doing wonderful so I don't know if it's the soil. If I do fill it, and they don't do well, then I can always drain it and replace it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts