The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have flood lights on the front of my house. they have those "eyes" that turn the light on when there is movement. Problem is, they dont stay on long enough. They all have adjustment knobs, but they dont adjust. I would like to short circuit the motion sensor, is this possible?

chaz

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's certainly possible if you know what you're doing, but if you did that, the lights would always be on. The alternative would be putting them on a switch. If they're already on a switch, pull them down and take a look at it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
They all have adjustment knobs, but they dont adjust.
If they are broken, you might want to replace them. Usually those lights are adjustable but if yours aren't any longer you might consider new ones. As far as setting them on an on/off circuit, I believe it's possible. I have had similar lights on houses before where a light switch in the house could control the function of the security lights. For example, a quick flip of the switch off and on would make the lights illuminate for a short duration, while a slower off/on cycle would cause the lights to remain on until the switch was turned off again.

·
Are these real?
15,720 Posts
For about $10, you can get a new sensor at your favorite big hardware store. Remove old one, follow instructions, shouldn't take too long to get it working again. They have like 3 or 4 different settings, some go dim from dusk to dawn and bright if someone walks by etc.

If they are on a switch, it is possible that you can turn them on for longer periods by simply flipping them off and on. Then they stay on. If you want to reset them to only go on with movements, turn the switch off for 10 seconds, then on again, that resets them.

Not sure if your particular sensor works that way, just throwing things out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts