The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I think this may be one of my first times posting here instead of mainly lurking here and there. Anywho.
I recently rescaped my 5G Betta tank, and decided to go out on a limb and try one of the DBT mats that had come into the store I work at. That was Thursday, making today the 4th day. It's now started to develop these dark patches, and I'm not 100% sure why.
My tank setup is as follows:
-5G Fluval Spec, with original light. It's near a large window, and gets indirect sunlight part of the day.
- Supernaturals Tahitian Moon Sand
- dosing flourish excel, 1/2 cap daily
-dosing liquid fert, Plantex CSM+B(aquariumfertilizer.com's brand), 5-7 drops daily
- previously had the same brand root tabs, but they're due to be replaced and I'm out. I've used Seachem's in the past as well.
-plants are the DBT mat, rotala indica, rotala magenta (may be few stalks left in there), ludwigia arcuata (needle leaf), crypt wendtiis (bronze and green), and the small aponogeton crispus that had gotten more munched on than expected in my goldfish tank.

I've recently learned that sand isn't the best for carpets, but I don't plan on replacing it since its been in there for over a year, mainly undisturbed.
Any ideas on what I can change? And any recommendations for better root tabs then what Ive used before, or are those good to go?
I should also mention I have access to the full Seachem line at work.
I'll try to upload pictures later tonight, as I'm on my phone now.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
I would add some root tabs underneath-in between the tears and cut back on macro/micro's a bit. I can't tell for sure, but the carpet look similar to how mine did when I overdid it on macro/micro nutrients.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.