Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered Greg Watsons ferts from the advise of you guys:icon_smil

Mono Potassium Phosphate
CSM+B
Potassium Nitrate
Potassium sulfate
Iron Chelate 10%
Magnesium sulfate

Now my question is how do I dose this for my 36gal? My plants will be here Tuesday I'm using RO/DI water because I have rock hard water here in Florida. My tank has been cycling for 5 days now with 7 danios but I added Bio-Spira. I am still not getting any Ammonia or Nitrite readings.
should I be dosing prior to plants being put in my tank? I do have florish if need be until my ferts come in? I just need to know the dose on how much to give? I will be running C02 and I have 2WPG of light. Can anyone give me a hint on the amount in tablespoons to give? And do I just drop it into the tank with the fish or mix it first? Sorry for all the questions:icon_smil

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Go to gregs site download his ideas of dosing. Your going to have to do some research on what type of regimen is best for you and your tank. Paper,pencil,time...Also try Chuck Gads site as well. Greg Watson has some good info. You need a dosing calculator to help with measurements. I hope this will help you. Good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have read Rex's report two or three times. Chuck Gags site that I just read helped alot but still confused. " Not that great in math":icon_frow Chuck says to dose slow about a cc each day till your in the target range but still not sure how much to mix to do that? I guess I will keep searching on here. Thanks

·
Registered
845 Posts
Are you using 100% RO/DI water or mixing it with tap water? If you are using 100% RO/DI water, you need to replace the minerals that are removed with the filtration process. Stuff like Seachem's Equilibrium or GH booster from Greg's store will do it.

Check out the "Water Parameters" section for more info. :) It'll help alot! Good luck with your tank. Share some pics when you get the chance too! :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you using 100% RO/DI water or mixing it with tap water? If you are using 100% RO/DI water, you need to replace the minerals that are removed with the filtration process. Stuff like Seachem's Equilibrium or GH booster from Greg's store will do it.

Check out the "Water Parameters" section for more info. :) It'll help alot! Good luck with your tank. Share some pics when you get the chance too! :)

Thanks, I'm using RO right, which is suppose to get RO ready for fish:icon_smil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.