The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to posting but have been reading and learning from posts on here ever since I started keeping aquariums. I have recently had a custom aquarium delivery with the following dimensions

70cm Length
35cm Width
20cm Height

The lighting is 4 10W floodlights at 6500k and an extra Led bar with 4 LEDs 0.5W each 6500K and just for extra light one I plant the carpet.

Planning on CO2 ect which is all being delivered with AQA Aqua soil making up the base layer just for some nutrition and the fine inter black gravel from dernnele ontop.

Just finished the hardscape and as I'm new to this I was hoping for some input before I go on to planting and filling with water.

I really appreciate any help and look forward to any and all suggestion!

Here are some pics:

Bump:

Bump:

Bump:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Interesting dimensions. Maybe you can find some inspiration from the Crimson Sky from the green machine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COsbWPtDEI0

The left side looks overly-complicated, maybe keep one rock. In my opinion, the hardscape would look better if there is more contact between the rocks.

It helps if you have some idea as to what plants you will put and where. Keep an eye on the rocks to be sure that they remain stable after you add water.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dimensions were to fit the space in the rack that i house all the aquariums and origionally the shallow tank was so that it was easier to access in the tight space but decided to go for a similar size the ADA 60-f i belive it is. The Green Machine is amazing and all there videos are what have inspired me to do this aquascape and i know what you mean about the left hand size and most of the stones in that area are so low once grown in they will mostly be covered but wanted it to seem like they were all a part of a larger rock which is mostly buried under the substrate with only little bits showing. The images i posted are terrible and i will post some more in a moment with perhaps better angles because they look far different for some reason than in person.

Bump: The Second largest rock is touching the other one but the substrate has covered it up a bit. There are all fully stable and alot being bigger and practically sitting on the bottom glass being completely covered up by substrate and in parts supported further by smaller fragments of rock.

here are some pictures which may show it better.

ps thank you all so much for your input i greatly appreciate it!!

Bump: The Second largest rock is touching the other one but the substrate has covered it up a bit. There are all fully stable and alot being bigger and practically sitting on the bottom glass being completely covered up by substrate and in parts supported further by smaller fragments of rock.

here are some pictures which may show it better.

ps thank you all so much for your input i greatly appreciate it!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wondering where you purchased your rocks? Good luck with the tank, looking good!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hiya thanks! I bought the rocks from a LFS in oxford circus which have almost every type of stone ive seen used in aquascaping but went for this one because ive never worked with it and the crevices are soo unique and really caught my attention plus with a name like Dragon Stone how could i resist!

Plants to be added hopefully tomorrow if i get some time to pop down to buy them first, a little nervous with using pressurized CO2 for the first time so if anyone has any tips (although ie spent days reading posts about it) any little tips on how to calibrate the CO2 amount or anything in general would be great!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much! Hoping to comence planting now thinking of using Micranthemum Monte Carlo. Ammania sp Bonsai, Dwarf Hairgrass and Rlternanthera Reineckii mini to being with and some others ive had in my old nano tank which for the life of me i dont know what there called. Just setup CO2 so time to start experimenting with the levels now with plenty of time before fish and shirmp are transferred over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i just got around to planting the aquarium and this is what it looks like now.

Plants used are:

Micranthemum Monte Carlo (front carpet)

Ammania sp. Bonsai

Riternanthera Reineckii Mini

Staurogyne Repens

and a few little bits of dwarf hairgrass around the base of some of the rocks.

Got the CO2 folowing and keeping the drop checker continuously on green even in the morning when the lights and CO2 have been off all night it remains stable. What are your views on it so far. Im not 100% certain with how Micranthemum Monte Carlo reacts when planted wether it melts or not but its been planted for almost 4 days now and looking as green and vibrant as when i planted it although with planting so much of it i cannot tell how much growth if any is happening.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.