The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Annubias that has been in my tank for a few weeks now that is yellowing on a few leaves and the bottom is turning brown. The other plants are doing fine except for one crypt parva that is also slightly yellowing. I am dosing equilibrium, phosphorus and phosphate once a week. Is this due to a deficiency or normal since the plant has been recently added.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Can't tell from the pic, is the newest growth yellowing, or the oldest? Also, how much light does it get? Was it grown by the supplier submerged, or as tissue culture?

I'm no expert, but in my experience so far, if its only the old leaves, its probably adapting to the new environment, especially since it probably hasn't been long enough for inadequate nutrients to do that. Some of the plants I get do that on older growth since those parts had grown in and adjusted to different conditions than my tank, but the new leaves/stems came in fine, so i just had to snip off the old stuff.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If it is new it might still be acclimating to the new condition. The picture is not too clear but it looks like you buried the rhizome? (dont burry rhizomes for anubias) . or it can be a potassium deficiency? someone better might chime in.

·
Registered
782 Posts
My anubias have partly buried rhyzomes with no problems, but my gravel is bulky and loose, allowing for good circulation. If your substrate is fine, maybe tie it to a small stone and bury just the rock, leaving the rhyzome peeking above the substrate.

Also, both my anubias are partly shaded. I know from years of ornamental horticulture that terrestrial plants will very often yellow if light is to bright, particularly on leaves that grew with shorter/less intense photo periods. Even if the light is right for the species, it may be too much for some of the existing foliage.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the oldest growth. It gets 6.5 hours of low light, but I am slowly increasing that to 8 hours from a finnex stingray. It is a 20 gallon long. I do not think the rhyzome is buried but I will double check on that again. Not sure how it was grown as I picked it up from another member here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.