The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time poster and first time attempting a planted tank here, so I have some questions regarding planted tanks. Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm looking for a generally low maintanence setup. I've been reading around, and it seems the moss tank is best suited for that. Is it true that with moss (java espacially), other then occasional pruning, there is less maintanence (ie CO2 measuring, balancing PH) involved? Some articles mention that all moss requires is a little fertiliser, constant lighting and thats it.

Also, I'm hoping to use a dark grey or black substrate. Since I have seen tanks where the moss grow on a bed of plastic mesh, is it correct to say that the choice of substrate is less important? Can someone recommand a dark substrate?

Many thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry bout the double post, but some moss recommandations would be good as well. I live in Singapore, so temperatures are generally high. Are there any mosses that grow well in such conditions?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I suggest that you get one of the subsrates mentioned above because i guarentee, that sooner or later your going to want to add some real plants in. Changing subsrates is a real pita.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.