The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm hoping you can help point me in the right direction, as I've been doing so much research and keep changing my mind!

I currently have a 46 Bowfront (so its a bit deeper than most tanks) that I am looking to light with some LEDs. I am starting with a dry start, but plan on doing DIY co2 to start once the tank is up and running in a few months. (hopefully something more high tech down the road) I am looking to spend around $100 USD on the lights, although less would be nice, too! (then I have more to spend on plants and livestock!)

Anyways, I'm just looking for recommendations on what to put on my tank, something that would be reliable, long lasting, look great, and that would be great for low/med plants! Thank you all so much in advance!

· Registered
111 Posts
I have a 46 bow front with a single Finnex planted + 24/7. I used to run it on 24/7 mode, but found it to be inadequate in this mode. Switch from 24/7 mode to max mode for 8 hrs a day.

Agree with @jeffkrol, you will need a second light if you want more "reds" and carpeting plants but in the meantime, I would highly recommend the 24/7 light.

· Registered
133 Posts
I just picked up a 46 bow front today and now researching lights for the tank. I will be running co2. So is the consensus for medium/high light I'd need 2 finnex 24/7(36 inch) lights running on 24/7 mode? I have a 24 inch ray2. What if I put the Ray 2 in the middle of the tank and ran it for a few hours in conjunction with the 24/7 each day. Would that be enough for medium/high levels light?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.