The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently cycling a 55 gallon tank which currently only has two pieces of driftwood, a lot of Rotala Indica, a small portion of java moss, anubias nana, pygmy chain sword, hygrophila, and pond snails who's current population is relatively small since no food has been added. this tank will be mostly a red cherry shrimp tank and i also plan on adding malaysian trumpet snails once the plants have established strong roots...so finally the question, i would like more inhabitants in the long run but the shrimp will be the main focus so what are the best tank mates for them besides otos (they will be added later on as well)...fish, shrimp, whatever..keep in mind the cherry fry's safety is a big factor in this decision.

any input appreciated ;)

·
Registered
588 Posts
It's pretty amazing that you're going to dedicate a 55g for cherry shrimp. At any rate, if you heavily plant your tank and allow your shrimp colony to multiply, I'm sure you could introduce any number of small fish.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's pretty amazing that you're going to dedicate a 55g for cherry shrimp. At any rate, if you heavily plant your tank and allow your shrimp colony to multiply, I'm sure you could introduce any number of small fish.
i am thinking along those lines...once the plants fill in and the shrimp multiply i figure i'll be in pretty good shape, i just want to be careful....55 gallons is alot for shrimp i admit lol......but i find them more interesting than most fish and i want a large colony:proud:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts