The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
capful of H202 = dead by next day.

then when it has turned green/white suck it out with a hose.

has not come back since.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Update for me; just in case poster is curious; I used the h202 method with the 1.5 ml per gallon method.... So far as I can tell no shrimp death, I am about to do a 20 % W/C.
What kind of shrimp do you have? Please keep us posted on the effectiveness of the h2o2 and long term health of your shrimp - just now starting to fight this in my tank too - what a great way to spend the holidays :frown:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the 10 gallon that has RCS, amanos, and cherries in it. I haven't noticed any missing but it is hard to tell with a tank full of shrimp. It doesn't look as crowded :/ so that kinda worries me but I never saw any dead ones. ALL the Spyragoni :icon_redflol however you spell it has seemed to non existent in almost all of my tank. There is a few little places I still see some but I am about to h202 it up again tonight and do another W/C with this one being a HUGE one because I should also be adding some amonzonian substrate in my tank at the same time. But I just want to say that the algae was so much that my shrimp and fish would be getting entangled in it and it wasn't that thick...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts