The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cory with a strange growth where the cadual fin meets the body.It's seems to be some type of tumor and it looks like their is a bubble trapped under it. Does anyone know what this its? Internal parasite? It's breathing a little heavy and swims fine, just not as much as the others.

Thanks

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Cliner.:)

Any chance of a pic? Pictures will make diagnosis faster so you may have time to save your fish if it gets worse. Remember, pictures spell a thousand words.;)

·
Registered
845 Posts
I find this a good site to use to see if you can identify what is going on with your fish:
Pandora's Aquarium

There are also good links at the end of that page. BTW, this site has alot of pics so if you have a slow connection, be patient.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the best pic I could get. It's hard to see the trapped air bubble under the skin in the pic. Cory is eating, but breathing heavy.
Thanks for the link Color Me Blue. Anybody know what this is?

·
Registered
888 Posts
A trapped air bubble under the epidermis is 'air bubble disease'. Aerating the water will probably help.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. I've never heard of air bubble disease. I'll add some extra aeration and see waht happens. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well,

My black aneus did not make it. I did an autopsy and didn't find any parasites like nematodes. I must admit I never could tell what was wrong. It could have been an uncurable tumor. I have three left so I'm hoping for a spawn sometime soon. Thanks for all the help everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts