The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: starting putting prices together, feel free to negotiate/input on fair pricing, doing this very off the cuff

Moderators please be understanding of this post as I am not posting prices initially (its midnight and I haven't had much sleep). I will post set prices as required let me know. Here's the situation. My 7 month old Golden "Ike" has what the vets test confirmed as the early stages of parvo, but he might have a good shot. He had been vaccinated as a young pup but the disease is rampant in san antonio and he picked it up. 80% of dogs will die without proper treatment. My wife and I love our dog very much and had hoped to keep him as a member of our family for a long time,...heres where you come in. I am not asking for donations I have lots of well kept equipment for sale. We need the money to help pay for all of Ikes treatments, we're doing our best but financially this is a bad time for us. He has about 3 days to get treatment before things get to a bad place, the vet has hope due to his good health that if any dog has a chance he does provided he gets all the treatment he needs. I won't go into the details of parvo, look it up, its not fun, just think if a member of your family was going through something like that. Anyway its my hope that if there's something you need for your tank its on my list, I'm only asking for fair prices and will ship asap.

*SOLD JBJ regulator w/solenoid and bubble counter (barely used) $70 shipped

* SOLD 2 x 24" CF bulbs by hamilton 55w 10000k german made (brand new) $10 ea.

- 5 x 24" CF bulbs for Jebo 55w 10000k (brand new) $10 ea. + $8 shipping no matter how many you buy

* SOLD Zoo Med 501 filter slightly used (very good shape) $25 shipped

- Sera Co2 Drop checker (used once plenty of reagent left) $10 shipped

- 1 ea. elite 799 air pump $2 + shipping

- SOLD1 ea. profile 1000 air pump $2 + shipping

- 2 ea. lifetech liquid filter water pumps (these are the ones that come jebo U.V. units -good pumps never used) $15 shipped

- SOLDTetra 12" 100 watt in tank heater $10 shipped

- 3w otto water pump (near identical to rio 50) $13 shipped

*SOLD liter? (LARGE) jug of flourish excel -full- $15 shipped

- Marineland Penguin 550 power head pump $10 shipped

- Marineland Penguin mini biowheel -perfect for a 10gal. tank $13 shipped

* SOLD - 6x6" mini malaysian driftwood -HIGHLY INTERESTING- not making that up this piece of wood would shine in a nano tank its gnarled and has many nooks truly one of a kind $20 shipped

- SOLD55 GALLON RETROFIT HOOD UNBEATABLE PRICE - 480 watts, never sold on this thread it has pics http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/35802-sf-bay-55-gallon-w-custom.html $200 + shipping (have to be worked out w/buyer) PRICE CUT $150 + shipping (5/9)

paypal only

pm me with your interests, and be patient as this will be alot to keep up with if I get it all sold, on my honor I will do my best to get it to you quickly. I will update this thread continuously as items are sold and shipped.
thanks ahead of time, this will mean alot to us, and if you pray, think of our pup he's a good boy and deserves a shot thats all we're trying to give him.

best regards,

Jason, Heather, Zoe, Ella, and Ike

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not a problem, just need some time to look things up, figure out whats fair.

·
Registered
618 Posts
i'm in SA! i'm kinterested in the driftwood, the light rig for a 55g, the excel if it's not sold, the heater (is it overkill for a 30g and how much is it?), and MAYBE the sera co2 thing (but don't know much about it). and no shipping required. i'm a HUGE dog lover and wanna help! pm me non-shipped prices and such.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

all those who have responded thus far check your PM's

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ike in hospital

My wife brought Ike in tonight for inpatient care, this is his one shot. Fortunately his spirits are good and he's taking some water despite his condition. His stool is not bloody so thats another good sign. Tonight is all that we'll be able to afford, not many dogs make it through so we are prepared to help him go in comfort rather than pain, just praying he pulls through, that would just be awesome. Here's a pic of Ike and me chillin' on our porch, keep him in your prayers tonight.

Thanks also to those who've contributed so far.

All of us and Ike, God Bless

·
Registered
76 Posts
Really sorry to hear about your dog. If you're not already using it, ask your vet about a regimen of Tamiflu, it's accomplished miracles with parvo. Hopefully Ike's getting lots of subcutaneous fluids and glucose too if he's not eating. This is a terrible disease but Ike has a good chance of making it. Best wishes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We have just been thru this type of thing. We have a beautiful 9yr old female Great Pyr. 1 1/2 wk ago she had blood on her hocks. I took her to the emergency clinic. They thought it was a urinary tract infection. She was better for the 5 days after antibiotics, but then she had a heavy bleed day. I took he back last Thur. night and they did an emergency hysterectomy($900...$1300 now total) She is now eating/drinking like she did before. Its a hardship on our family financially but a blessing upon our hearts. Pyrs typically live only 8-9yrs...our pup's lines live 12-13yrs..that's why we made the decision we did. The Vet said based on the xrays, she looked like she was 4-5yrs old at most. God bless and good luck....Ben

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update on Ike 10 a.m.

Well we brought Ike home this morning, he's pretty lethargic, I'm hoping this is due more to the med's for nausea. Vomiting, but hydrated from his IV. Still no blood, thank God! My wifes caring for him all day, and we're watching the signs. If there's an indication he's suffering I'm not going to prolong his life just to hang on fleeting hope, I want him to be comfortable. Thats the reality of it, parvo is said to have an 80% mortality rate. If you have a pup, I just found out you can get him parvo boosters in a series to help bolster the immunity as it doesn't always take, something to keep in mind. Thanks again many have bought so far just have some more things to move, and it should just about cover the vet bills, I'm definitely getting insurance for my other pets after this. We'd meant to but kept putting it off, bad idea. I'll keep this updated.

All of us and Ike God bless

·
Registered
119 Posts
Badren,
This should give you a little hope.

My husband got a puppy when he was 16 years old. She was a blond and furry mutt that was some sort of collie mix. Two weeks later the dog came down with parvo and had to be taken to the emergency vet. She recovered fully. :) Today, my husband is 32 years old, and his beloved family dog is still alive today!

All the best to your dog and your family. I hope that the little guy pulls through.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks, my mind is open, I'm ready to accept whatever happens, this was the most even shake I could give him so what is is, at least I can say I tried. Thanks for the anecdote its nice to hear something positive among the grave stories all over the net, and san antonio.

Best
Jason

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am really sorry to hear about Ike. The best thing for any dog owner is to get booster shots every 6 months. I did with my Rottweiler puppies (bred Rotties). My puppies (that I kept) did not get parvo, but my neighbor's Rotti did (he was one of my pups) and he died. I found out that she never got any shots except the 1 at 6 weeks that I gave. I was not happy with her. Ike has a really good chance of making it. He is healthy, and well taken care of, plus you caught it early. Don't give up on him unless HE gives up.

Good Luck with Ike. I will keep you and him in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes, 13 years ago my dog came down with blastomycosis and she only had a 25 percent chance of surviving, it had killed her sister before we know that was the problem. I had to take her every three days for IV treatments this went on for 3 months and each day she took a pill that was $5.00 a day for 6 months. She survived and is now 14 years old. It cost big bucks and 24 hour nursing care and lots of boiled chicken, but would do it again.
Wilma

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you cannot give further treatment and it becomes obvious that he needs it, see if the vet clinic will continue to treat him if you surrender him. I have a friend who is a vet tech in AZ, and if the owner cannot afford it the vet clinic does not allow them to do the treatment for the owner for free, the idea being that if you have a pet you should be able to afford medical emergencies, however the clinic *DOES* continue treatment if the dog is surrendered to them. Then, once the dog is cured, they adopt them out.
Just another option. I truly hope he is ok.
I had a parvo scare, despite the fact that my dogs are vaccinated, last year. A neighbor got a puppy that ended up with a terrible case of parvo (along with 3 of her littermates).
J

·
Registered
466 Posts
Best of wishes go out to Ike. I owned a dog many many years ago that got parvo and made it through it. I know Ike will also. Good luck :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks everyone helping, my wife is really encouraged when people step up and even contribute their stories. I will update items soon, lots of stuff has sold but have few more things to wrap up. Don't know about Ike, but he's had it for 3 confirmed days (maybe more) and is still hanging on, I will keep updating so that people will know what their helping with.

Best, Jason

1 - 20 of 25 Posts