The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm quite new on this amazing hobby, I recently did my first planted aquarium. I'm trying to do a no filter aquarium, and just recently I added two Danio fish and the female Danio during a mating frenzy got hurt. I followed a wrong advice in adding methylene blue to the fish tank and I did it without invastigating beforehand how to do it.

I did a 50% water change trying to reduce the blue color from the water and the concentration of the MB. My concern is if having water with the blue color of the methylene blue indicates that theres still MB in the water and is it going to damage my plants, how long will it stall the BB to grow up again and the health of my fish. Should I do a complete water change? How long does the effect of the MB stays in the aquarium?

Edit: Its a 30 Gal fish tank.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with methylene blue, but if you're concerned about it being in your tank, you should continue to perform water changes to dilute it. Rather than 100% at once, I would just routinely change 50-60% multiple times a day. It gives your livestock a bit more time to adjust and hopefully dilutes it to a point where it is no longer harmful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts