The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I have no clue how to program my p+24/7 so it just comes on max for 5 hours a day. Right now, I'm starting to grow some algae and don't run co2 so I'd like to try to reduce the light cycle. It's currently running on 24/7 mode. I've got some green hair algae growing in my 10 gallon. I need to get a little power head to move water better too. Any other advice? I'm currently dosing micros, macros, and excel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey, I have a couple of the same lights. If you aren't using the 24/7 mode, there really isn't a way to "program" the light to come on for a set amount of time, or a set color/brightness. The only option would be to plug it into a timer, and to program the timer. It will come back on at whatever setting you put it on. What I am eventually going to do, is leave mine on the 24/7 mode, but for the middle of the day have a couple other white LED lights come on to supplement.

Not sure the size of your tank, but I have a 220 gallon and got a 4 pack of the sunsun 500ish GPH powerheads on amazon for under $25. They have been working great so far. don't know if they are truly that much water movement, but they do make my plants sway around and make a nice current for the fish to play in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have a 40 and a 10. The 40 is ok for now but the 10 is the one that needs the powerhead and the one I want to reduce the light time on. I'll have to grab a timer at the store. Thanks! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts