The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This first started appearing about a few weeks ago. Then my CO2 tank ran dry and then it exploded in just 2 days. Now I refilled the CO2 and have a huge algae problem.

I am not sure if this fuzz, staggorn or hair algae. It is just 2-3mm long and dark gray. None of the shrimp seem interested in eating it.

Now the most important question; how do I get rid of it?

Tank parameters; 8.5 gallon 8 watts LEDs on for 10 hours. Dose 1ml Seachem Flourish 1 Tbl spoon Equilibrium and water dechlorinater per water change. In the tank I have 7 neon tetras, 3 cherry and 3 amano shrimp and one little catfish, forget what species.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Probably black beard or some early hints of staghorn. Keep up on co2 and proper feeding/dosing.

I get black algae in one of my tanks that almost look like marimo.. and they highlight some sword and anubias leaves in a very Borderlands fashion. It's almost always the plants getting too thick or co2 brews wearing out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.