The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I found some really really nice tropica plants at my LFS, which are very hard to come by here in Mexico. Need some help on planting and location of tank. This are the plants:

1. Anubias coffeefolia. fell in love at first sight, its large and dark green with the tiger marks. question is how to correctly plant it, does it need to be anchored to a driftwood or can I bury the roots and leave rizome out? what are lighting needs, can I place it in a low light section of my tank?

2. Anubias lanceloata, same question as for coffeefolia

3. hygrophila corimbosa. I think it is based on the plant profiles pictures, looks like a mint leaf. how do I know if it`s the compact version, where should I place it, background?

4. Emersing java fern and crypt. I also bought a jave fern but want it emersed on my emersed section of the 60 gal tank. how do i plant it? do I also have to leave the roots exposed or can i bury it? for the crypt, i understand tropica grows them emersed, but how can I be sure? leaves are rounder, I know converted crypts have enlongated leaves, this one looks rounder.

thanks a lot

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
For both the Anubias, it can be planted in the substrate if you leave the rhizome exposed, but I think it would do much better if it was anchored to a piece of driftwood (this can be done with black cotton thread, fishing line, or even cyanoacrylate glue!)

Anubias spp. will do fine in the low light section of your tank.

For the Java Fern, it can be planted similarly to the Anubias. I have never grown Crypts emersed so I cannot really comment on this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.