The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process getting the equipment for a 120g tank (4x2x2). I already have a 5lb co2 setup. I also have a xp3. I'm planning on getting another one and placing them on each end. For heat, I'm planning on 2 ebo jager 250w heaters. I have one already and am planning on getting another one. The last piece of equipment I need is lighting. I'm planning on doing a low/medium light tank. Dont want to do too many watts. Anyone have suggestions? I will be dosing dry ferts and trace.

I'm open to suggestions because i'm fairly new to planted tanks.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Shop lights. You could fit a whole lot of 'em over the tank, but they aren't very efficient due to lack of a good reflector.

Or.....AH supply, get 4x55 watts puts you at about 2 wpg, with very nice reflectors. Probably one of hte best options here.

By the way....I don't know where the discussion on "what is low tech" ended off, but I'd say if you are injecting co2 it's somewhat of a far cry from "low tech" :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt know exactly where to put it. I saw a couple posts about co2, so I thought I could put it here. I figured since i wanted a low maintence tank it would fit in here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.