The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any recommendations to fill that empty spot in the back middle area? I was thinking maybe rotala nanjenshan or ludwigia brevipes but idk.

Plants currently in the tank

Rotala green, Rotala colorata, Ludwigia arcuata, Bylxa, and glosso

Tank Specs 4x39 watt lights, pressurized co2, pferts MNPK

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I wouldn't do any kind of plant that turns red since you've already got quite a bit of it there. I think Rotala sp. "Nanjenshan" or Pogostemon erectum would both look pretty nice there.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My votes for the p. erectum. Also are you really running 4x39w or that's just what you have and you really run just 2 bulbs?

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My votes for the p. erectum. Also are you really running 4x39w or that's just what you have and you really run just 2 bulbs?
I'm running 2 of the 2x39watt fishneedit fixtures.

I think I will go with p. erectum since there are 2 votes

·
Registered
646 Posts
i think a wider leaf plant would make a nice contrast since it looks like you have a lot of stem plants in there maybe a java fern? or some tall wispy val

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
None of your current stem plants have started growing yet. I would just keep it as is and let these plants grow first, then consider adding changing anything else. The empty spot won't be empty for long :)

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Is there any recommendations to fill that empty spot in the back middle area? I was thinking maybe rotala nanjenshan or ludwigia brevipes but idk.

Plants currently in the tank

Rotala green, Rotala colorata, Ludwigia arcuata, Bylxa, and glosso

Tank Specs 4x39 watt lights, pressurized co2, pferts MNPK

I would leave it. Let things fill in some. Looks like your already due for a good trim. You will need room for things to fill in. I think in due time that space will be full plant life.

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I might have missed it, but how big is the tank?
Its 40 gals (36x15x17)

Still havent gotten any plants yet but I do want another one. I dont know if you can tell but there is a big space over there so I definitely want to have another plant. But I have no money right now so I will wait and see lol.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Larger leaves?

Hey, have you thought about adding a stem plant with larger leaves for the midground or background for contrast.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I guess you don't have to add another plant. Or, if you really want another one, I guess P. erectum.

Java Fern or any val would not look nice in this tank. It doesn't fit the scape at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts