The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am currently having a nano tank that has a few cryptocorene parva, they were doing ok with a abit of algae growing on the leaves but i noticed that the new shoots were really pale, so i got some Seachem flourish (the comprehensive fert) and decided to dose the tank with some but one day later the yellow marking of the leaves were more obvious the upper picture is taken on the same day of dosage while the second pic is a day after.

dosage was followed and accurate so i am not sure what i did wrong, would appreciate help from you guys:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
It looks like you dosed one day and hoped for a change the next.I wish things worked like that but they move much slower.Continue dosing than check back in two weeks with results.Do you have adequate lighting and co2 or excel?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh when I bought it they were not labelled but it looked similar to a crypt parva, do any of u guys know what the exact species is?

Thanks for the multiple replies :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I agree they look like some sort of sword plant. However I suck at plant ID. Try posting an image in the plant section with a title ID please. Tinanti is a member that's very good at plant ID's. He seems to respond to most plant ID questions.

As far as them not doing well two things. You have them planted too deep. You never want to bury the crown (the base where the stem come out). Two, Flourish trace is basically only a trace fertilizer. You'll need to provide Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium for them to thrive. It appears to me that the plants are lacking in those three nutrients. Consider getting some dry fertilizers it's much cheaper.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I had planted some parva under an amazon sword. The tank then got way overgrown and I thought I had lost all of the parva. When I rescaped it I though I found one, so I planted it it in another thank. Now 3 months later it's a big amazon sword.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
@Zorfox I actually bought Seachem flourish not flourish trace, and yea I think it actually is a chain sword based on @houseofcards photo , so do you buried ur chain swords in the sediment or do you not ?

Sorry, that was suppose to say that flourish comprehensive is essentially a trace fertilizer. The amount of macro nutrients is far to low.

You do not bury the crown. Look at houseofcard's image. See how all the stems are coming out of a central spot? That's the crown. That should be just at the top of the substrate.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are the amounts insufficient even tho it's the only plant in the whole tank? Sorry I'm new to planted tanks so I don't know much about ferts:/.

Ah alright so just do get this clear for chain swords I shouldn't bury the crown? Does it apply for all swords like E. Parviflorus? As I'm planning to get that for my next tank :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
FWIW you might want to pull the plants gently up so the plants 'crown', (the bit that the leaves all grow from..) is slightly above the gravel.

Yeah I'd have to also say that those plants look a lot like an Echinodorus or Sword plants. Depending on strength of the light, C.Parva, their leaves lay nearly flat to the substrate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.