The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

Found this fish in the plant tank at my LFS. Anyone know what it is? Length I would say is about 1.25" or so. They gave it to me for $.75 since they had no idea what it was or what to charge me or even where it came from (they suspect it came with either a plant or their feeder guppies).

Thanks in advance for the help!

Rafal

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's related to white cloud mountain minnows! A subspecies! tanichthys micagemmae. Not seen too often. That one is a female! They sometimes call it vietnamese mountain minnow

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You!

Now to find out where to get more :) Really like this fish! different in behavior then my other white cloud, but it has been in my tank for all of 2 hours.... but does not seem to gravitate towards the top like the minows... hmm

Thanks again!! shes a beauty!

·
Registered
249 Posts
So it is a bluefin killifish! Well it did look like a vietnamese mountain minnow when I first looked at it, just had that stressed discolored look all fish have sitting in a bag on their trip from LFS. The fins are rounded more then on A Micagammae! But hey you have to admit the similarities in both fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.