The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some nice vibrant fish for my 30 gallon high planted tank and I've been having problems finding any nice looking fish.. there all rated for 90 gallon or 75... can someone give me some ideas of fish?? temper doesn't matter.. thanks

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
A tall tank will not usually have as great water circulation as similar gallons in a shallow or standard tank, so whatever you stock with, go with lower numbers.

Do you want a particular color of fish?
A particular habit? Schooling, pair bonding...
Do you want a mix of fish?

As a rough guide, I would select fish that grow no larger than about 2" standard length, unless they are slower moving.

Mated pair of Angels. (no other fish)
South American theme with mated pair of Rams, Apistos with a school of Tetras or Hatchets that swims higher in the tank. Some of the Tetras are very colorful.
Asian theme with Honey Gourami or Betta and Rasboras.
Some Cories can be quite showy in a more subtle way. A shoal of one of the less common (more colorful) Cories with something higher in the tank. C. adolfoi, for example. Or a well-spotted species like julii or trilineatus.

·
Registered
283 Posts
+1 to Diana, you might even consider a colony of colorful shrimps... Depending on the fish inhabitants of course :proud:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts