The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Ninja Betta (sorry don't know the scientific name I can't really find any information on any other betta than splendens) two days ago. He jumped out of his tank last night, I found him when I got home from from work and immediately put him back in the tank. He seems to have recovered overnight (he wedged himself between some rocks directly under the filter's flow) and is now swimming freely in the tank.

He obviously is still not feeling well and he hasn't regained any of his coloring. Several of his fins appear ripped and it also looks like he is missing some of his scales.

I'm very worried about him and want to know if there is anything I can do to help him out?

·
Prodigious Plant Pundit
5,403 Posts
I got a Ninja Betta (sorry don't know the scientific name I can't really find any information on any other betta than splendens) two days ago. He jumped out of his tank last night, I found him when I got home from from work and immediately put him back in the tank. He seems to have recovered overnight (he wedged himself between some rocks directly under the filter's flow) and is now swimming freely in the tank.

He obviously is still not feeling well and he hasn't regained any of his coloring. Several of his fins appear ripped and it also looks like he is missing some of his scales.

I'm very worried about him and want to know if there is anything I can do to help him out?
Lower the water level. Do you have a heater? And if your filter is adjustable, put it on minimal flow. Keep up with water changes. I know some fish jump when their conditions are less than perfect.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Warm clean water is definitely the best you can do.

You might add some salt to help prevent infections to his wounds. Up to 1 tablespoon per gallon if the tank is not planted. 1/2 tsp per gallon if the tank is planted.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
water parameters are fine (just did a WC, tested all parameters, filter flow is nominal, heater is working perfectly) . Is there anything I can do to help with the fins and scales?

·
Registered
362 Posts
26c and a sponge filter for less current
bettas do have an organ the labirinth. they must go to surface to take air (take care that you room has 25-26 too)
so that is why he is still alive thanks to that very organ. he was on the floor for sure more than an usual fish can take.
he will recover in a few days

1 - 6 of 6 Posts