The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 80 gallon tank with a tall alternanthera cardinalis the top leaves are red and nice but about mid plant there are massive holes and I don’t know what they are
Water temp - 28.4c
Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 15 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Iron - 0,05 ppm
Phosphate - 0,6 ppm
GH - 4 dGH
KH - 2 dKH
TDS - 287
PH -6.90

·
Banned
628 Posts
Your first post is so good. You included the water parameters and a picture. Very impressive. I'm not sure what the holes are. Are you putting in enough Potassium? I assume you are because your water parameters look really dialed in.

Reactions: Jakub_M

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have amano shrimp? They tend to eat leaves if they are too hungry. If not might just be a little bit of melting or adjustment. I cut off any leaves with holes because the plant will use all its energy trying to repair the leaf rather than growing fresh new ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the plant is new, it’s prob just getting use to the aquarium. Most plants you buy are not grown in water, so they have to shed their leaves after they’re in the tank. If theres new growth up top, you can cut it and rip the bad stems out and plant the new growth

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have amano shrimp? They tend to eat leaves if they are too hungry. If not might just be a little bit of melting or adjustment. I cut off any leaves with holes because the plant will use all its energy trying to repair the leaf rather than growing fresh new ones.
No that’s my discus tank so amano shrimp wouldn’t last long

If the plant is new, it’s prob just getting use to the aquarium. Most plants you buy are not grown in water, so they have to shed their leaves after they’re in the tank. If theres new growth up top, you can cut it and rip the bad stems out and plant the new growth
That plant came from my smaller 50 litre tank I cut it and transferred it to the discus tank about 4 months ago and it was doing fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.