The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a nano 8 liter tank carpeted with Dwarf hair grass and small spot with HC

one day i put a normal floating Riccia in that tank and after some months i found a dark green riccia that dose not float and it stayed between the dwarf hair grass now i am fighting it by manually removing it from the tank but it keeps growing and growing and it is taking over the ground

i read once that riccia dies from H2O2 or flourish excel

so how i can use h2o2 or excel without harming the other plants how much is the dose

plants in my tank is ( DHG - HC - staurogyne repens - Hygrophila pinnatifida - hydrocotyle tripartita - red rotala Rotala sp. Rotundifolia )

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think my dwarf gourami ate all of my riccia. I've never been able to keep it around him. I got tired of trying to keep the stuff. That's probably no help for you. One Dwarf Gourami may eat it all, another may leave it completely alone. Borrow a Dwarf G from a friend and see if in 10 days he eats the stuff? :wink2:

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Chemicals (H2O2) take a couple of weeks.
I don't remember the stated amount that is considered safe for the tank.
It's used to kill algae(once again...been so long since I used it that I've forgotten
which algae) and can either be used as a direct dose on the algae with a syringe etc
or as a med in the water.
Someone on here who is familiar/w that use of it can let you know what is
considered a safe dose. It needs to be repeted for several days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts