The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the Finnex 2 30" for my tank but amazon has a few different flavors: CRV, HLC, ALC, etc. I'm looking for 60+ PAR at 18" to grow various red plants better but at this point all the stats are just running together. I could use a lighting enthusiast's guidance here.

I'm running pressurized co2 and fertilizing balanced micro and macro mixes too btw.

Thanks!! 🧜‍♀️

·
Registered
13,128 Posts

Biggest difference really is 660 nm vs reg. red diodes.

IF memory serves me right the ALC may be discontinued due to the inability to source the leds.

Par measurements:

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Thanks for the graphs!
It looks like the Planted+ has the highest PAR, though it says they measured it in open air.
Doesn't matter.. much. Some say you get less..some more.
Personally I think it matters where you measure it.
Dead center may be less in water ( attenuation) but more around the periphery due to the "pool table effect".. i.e glass reflections, refraction.
Planted plus is just a light.. no bells or whistles..

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don't know if the ALC is discontinued, but it looks like it's still available on Amazon. I remember someone saying that it was a limited run initially and they weren't sure if they were going to do more or not. That was a while ago, so maybe they have made the call? I like the ALC because it's programmable (minimally), it has dedicated RGB diodes with the 660 nm reds, and respectable PAR for a very reasonable price. Is it a high end light? No, but for the price I like quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Finned planted+ 24/7 is programmable. No app, just remote control, but it is customizable. I like mine a lot. Not the most customizable, not quite as many bells and whistles as a lot of other lights but the price and the options made it a solid choice for my low tech tank.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Finned planted+ 24/7 is programmable. No app, just remote control, but it is customizable. I like mine a lot. Not the most customizable, not quite as many bells and whistles as a lot of other lights but the price and the options made it a solid choice for my low tech tank.
See, the branding is very confusing. ALL the different series are called Planted+ 24/7 and it's not always clear which series a particular light belongs to. The graphic above is the best one I know of, but I'm not sure where the Planted+ 24/7 v. 2 or the Planted+ FugeRay really fits in. There definitely is a Planted+ 24/7 that does not have a remote, but it seems like most do.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
See, the branding is very confusing. ALL the different series are called Planted+ 24/7 and it's not always clear which series a particular light belongs to. The graphic above is the best one I know of, but I'm not sure where the Planted+ 24/7 v. 2 or the Planted+ FugeRay really fits in. There definitely is a Planted+ 24/7 that does not have a remote, but it seems like most do.
Purple Textile Wood Rectangle Pink
Sleeve Font Paint Tints and shades Graffiti

Full box shot plus model 😉 this is the one I have lol. I agree, it is confusing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.