The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation.
Im breaking down my current setup to move everything over to this tank. It is 60x45x30cm(LxDxH). I want to go for a low tech but pleasing mangrove looking riverbank style riparium. The planters are roughly 3" deep. The plants I have available are:
Java fern, which im not sure if it would look best attatched to the bottom of all the driftwood and background plants behind, or attatched to a long epiweb panel that would be attatched to the back wall under the riparium planters.
1 Echinodorus Reni.
Dwarf hairgrass.
Vallisneria Asiatica.
Bacopa Caroliniana.
Rotala Rotundfolia.
Nymphoides Taiwan.
Spiky Moss(a good amount) would be tempted to cover either the bottoms or tops of the vertical driftwood but not all as in person the wood has some great detail.
Would be tempted to plant anubias nana or nana petite creeping up the centrepiece driftwood along with some of my fissidens fontanus.

Aware that it situated very far back atm, that will be changed and brought forward.

If anyone could throw some ideas or suggestions at me it would really help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Very natural looking hardscape! With all of those vertical shapes, I think a grass layout would look lovely in your tank. Hair grass would be good. Planting 70% of that tank's area with blyxa japonica would be downright sexy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.