The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I've started planning for my dream tank, and if I save my pennies I might be able to make it happen within the next 2 years or so.

In the past I had a 90 gallon that I filled halfway and had archerfish, leaf fish, mudskippers, and I think I had an anableps for awhile (then our household disintegrated, had to take it down). The filtration was all internal, so maintaining it was difficult. It was well planted and had a waterfall and an atomizer fog machine, and some White's tree frogs, and it was awesome.

That was years ago. Now I want to step it up. I saw a 110X tank come into the aquarium shop I used to work at, and I immediately fell in love with it. I knew it would be the size of my "real" archerfish tank.

This will have to be an overflow system with a sump in the stand to minimize the equipment in the display. Any good designs and/or ideal pump systems for such a thing?

The display will have to be drilled. What is the best method for this?

I would like it to have custom rockwork on the back, but I have no idea the best materials and method to accomplish this, as I'm sure every method has pros and cons.

Any other ideas I'd love to hear.

BTW, this is the only shot I have of that 90gal:
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/1179/p0000965.jpg

Ideally this would be the centerpiece of a bigger system, where it would be flanked by two corner bowfronts with my orchids, but that's dreaming.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the first one, but that second one is pretty sweet. I like the idea of the cork bark background, since it's feasible to be able to remove it if you felt so inclined. I suppose the styrofoam/spray foam/quikcrete method is somewhat removable too.

I just noticed you can buy 12x18 cork bark squares, but I'm wondering how big of a piece you could buy, and if they have irregular shaped pieces that big.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.