The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
hmmm. Not a huge problem, and is fixable with a little know how and elow grease.

Why don't we start with a picture of the damage.

Also, if completly paranoid that the glass is going to come flying out...you can drop your water level a bit to decrease some of the pressure on the glass.

If you happen to have any kind of woodworking clamp (like a quick grip), you can use these to give it just a little more stability in the middle. (these will also come in handy if you need to make a repair).

But the picture is the start!!

You'll be fine...will walk you through this sucker.

(FWIW...I just did this exact repair a week ago on a 50 gallon)

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Wow...thats a big break. Ok...looks like your only real option here is to cut it out competly and make a repair piece.

I am going to find you a link to a guy who just did one. i can walk you through this, but this guy had full color renderings...was pretty sweet.

Let me find the link and i will post it up. we will go from there.

the biggest thing here...It seems to have cracked along the seem right at the molding joint on the glass. This is going to be tricky to mend. Is there any "meat" left where it broke? Or is there nothing? See if you can post a picture of the molding where it broke off from.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Well...is there any way to get the filter working? this is not a quick fix and will take a bit of time. First off did you see that link I posted above?

This is bascially what we need to attempt, but since you have nothing to patch too, we are going to have to modify this a bit...I need to think about this for a little bit.

The lip that your frame sits on...what is the length of that? perhaps we could use that if its got enough...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.