The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just purchased a bunch of val on ebay. Here are the pictures used by the seller:

picture one

Picture 2

Picture 3

The title of the listing is "jungle val plant HUGE 1-2 FOOT PLANT U GET 1 HUGE 1-2 FOOT SPIRAL VAL."

And in the detailed descriptions, the plants are referred to as "spiral vals."

I'm not quite sure what spiral vals are. Are they corkscrew vals? Or are they italian vals (which is called Vallisneria Spiralis)?

Exactly what kind of vals are these, and what kind of characteristics do they have? (i.e. how tall they get, light requirements, water temp/hardness requirements, etc)? I tried asking the seller but no response yet.

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
V. spiralis aka Italian vals. Easily 3+' long, medium to high light, no real specific requirements. Once established, they get pretty invasive. Good plant to have in a 18"+ high tank. Enjoy!

Reactions: p2002

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I do not think that is a spiral corkscrew val because the leaves are not spiraled. It may be an Italian or Jungle val. Regardless, all vals are easy to take care of, grow fairly to very tall, and require little light.
Good Luck!

I have only one tank the stuff grows remotely well in (single fish Walsted), so I wouldn't say that easy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not think that is a spiral corkscrew val because the leaves are not spiraled. It may be an Italian or Jungle val. Regardless, all vals are easy to take care of, grow fairly to very tall, and require little light.
Good Luck!
Thank you for the info and encouragement!

V. spiralis aka Italian vals. Easily 3+' long, medium to high light, no real specific requirements. Once established, they get pretty invasive. Good plant to have in a 18"+ high tank. Enjoy!
Woo hooo. Thanks!

I have only one tank the stuff grows remotely well in (single fish Walsted), so I wouldn't say that easy.
Do you have soft water? I've heard one of the real things vals cannot stand is water that's too soft/acidic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.