The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have stocked my tank (started to stock that is) and have bought a few plants from my LFS, but need help with the ID of what they are...

I have placed a list of them here http://picasaweb.google.com.au/adriaanvh/FreshWaterPlantedTank and would love for people to visit them and the reply here with the ID number of the plant and the name if you know any...

Thanks everyone...

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Most of them are in emersed growth right now, which makes them hard to distinguish. I can tell you right now that the olant with the white stripes is not aquatic. Or the purple one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
ID-1 & 10 - are the same I think. I'm not sure what these plants with dark purple underleaves are, but I've also bought them at one stage and they quickly died, so I assumed they were non-aquatic plants. Maybe they just needed massive light or something else I couldn't give them.

ID-2 - Valisneria
ID-3 - non-aquatic plant which will eventually drown
ID-4 - maybe Echinodorus Bleheri
ID-5 - Lobelia Cardinalis
ID-6 - looks remarkably like hair algae, whatever it is!
ID-7 - Microsorium Pteropus
ID-8 - looks like Sunset Hygrophyllia, not sure
ID-9 - some type of Cryptocoryne

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
2 looks like mondo or vals
6 java moss
java fern
9 dragon tongue, non aquatic
10 purple waffee no aquatic
other ones i dont know

could we see a picture of the first ones roots
looks like 6 and 7 is the only ones i know for sure that are aquatic

·
Registered
974 Posts
5,6, and 7 are the only ones that are aquatic.

5 is emersed Lobelia cardinalis
6 is Taxiphyllum barbieri (Java moss)
7 is Microsorum pteropus (Java fern)

2 may be a type of Val, if you start seeing runners with new plantlets then it is aquatic. If not it's likely non-aquatic Mondo grass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.