The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi -
bought these at my lfs, they didn't know what they were. Hope you can help? I think one is some kind of huge anubia, and I think one is a high light plant I'll probably kill - but it was pretty! lol

here goes;
I ran out of photo space, so I'll have to go and delete some pics I've posted before - but hopefully you can see well enough for now. The pennywort I already had. The large anubias type plant is to the far right - it has large spade like leaves that are forked near the stem and a rhizome.
Under the driftwood (yes, it still has the huge quartz holding it down - it still floats) are two plants that came together in a bunch. They're tall & skinny & both have maroonish tips.
The first pic also shows a "fluffy" plant to the far left with spiral leaves. That's the one I think is a high light plant. I've seen it before on here but I can't remember what it's called. It is pinkish in the center of the new tips.
Sorry about the reflections of the windows on the glass!
Thanks,
~ Cin ~

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
The plant under the driftwood is Rotala rotundifolia. The plant on the right is probably an Anubias species. However, I don't know which one.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I believe the Anubias sp. is possibly one of these: Frazeri, Lanceolata, or Heterophylla.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I agree with all the IDs given. The stem plants need good light, so keep them away from under anything. The Anubias will be fine in low light, though. =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.