The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try posting this in the general forum. I posted a similar thread about another tank in the aquascaping forum yesterday, and people started critiquing it, lol.

Does anyone know if there is a larger picture somewhere out there of the aquascape below? This was 11th place in the 2008 IAPLC. Aquascaper is Fumio Hara of Japan.

Here it is:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, that's MUCH better. Thanks! I don't know why I didn't think to look at the adana site. :icon_redf I guess I just thought that site was only a storefront to buy ADA products.

Thanks again. :)

(Still, a larger photo would be that much better, so if anyone else knows of one, please chime in!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I've been searching for photos large enough to use as a desktop wallpaper (1440x900) for awhile now but I've had no luck in finding any of the contest winners from the IPALC in large format. The Adana site is the best I can find as well.

It's really a shame since you'd think somebody would have the actual photos floating around on the internet someplace and I'm sure they're not only high quality but extremely large resolution.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. Thing is, I'm sure these people have online journals or forum threads about these tanks, somewhere out there on the net, but they are probably in Japanese or some other language that I don't understand.

At least the ADANA site was helpful in showing me what I needed to see in the above picture. I'm using this aquascape, plus another one, sort of meshed together in my imagination, to be the inspiration for my new 20-long.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I'm using it as a reference, but I wouldn't say I'm going to duplicating or mimicking it. I'm actually using 2 separate aquascapes as inspiration for what I'm currently working on, so it will resemble each of them, but I expect it to stand out on its own, when all is said and done.

I'm using this one (IAPLC 2008 #11) and IAPLC 2008 #10 as my references. I'm taking the features of each of these tanks that I like a lot, plus a few more from my own grab bag of tricks, and making a 20-long out of it all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts