The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys and gals, I need your help.

For my Visual Design class I need to come up with a marketing campaign and chose a local fish store. for one of the ads I'm designing, I need a short definition of Aquascaping. I can't find much on the web that's shorter than a paragraph and I'm looking for shorter than that - one sentence or less. Can you help me out?

How would you define aquascaping in the shortest, clearest way possible?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
While I'm aware (and a fan of) the Dutch form of scaping, I can't help but think of Takashi Amano when I think of beautiful planted tanks. From his website:

Nature Aquarium is a concept of the planted aquarium hobby, and it combines the plant layout techniques, and creation of the natural ecosystem in a confined space of the aquarium. Many essence learned from the Mother Nature is condensed here. Please enjoy "the grand nature in a glass".

So, I suppose something to that effect would define aquascaping. Except in better English.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. Those are a good start. I was thinking of having the ad show an amano-style aquarium and above it, have something like "Aquascaping: -noun The creation of a pleasing view and/or environment doubling as an ecosystem within an aquarium" only phrased better. Seems Amano and I have the same issue here. At least I'm in good company. :)

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Let me just start typing:

Using plants and natural materials to create naturally inspired habitats and beautiful gardens in the aquarium.

How about:
Using plants and natural materials to replicate aquatic environments and create beautiful gardens in the aquarium.
Drop the replicate aquatic environments bit.

Using plants and natural materials to create beautiful underwater gardens.
possibly replace 'gardens' with 'scenery' if you're going for a more amano-esqe approach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.