The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just starting my planted tank and am trying to decide on which co2 diffuser to use. I have a 55 gallon tank with a fluval 305 filter that I will soon be upgrading to something a little more powerful. I have a hydor inline heater connected to my filter. I am trying to decide if I should get a inline co2 diffuser and connect to my filter or get a bazooka type in tank diffuser? which ever way I go I am going to get two so I always have one to swap out during cleaning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be honest I have just started getting into a planted tank. I bought a new tank and regulator and a inline diffuser from someone local. What has turned me off of the diffuser recently is mine is already getting dirty and my co2 has slowed down. I know it needs to be cleaned but I have read it needs to be soaked and since I only have one I cant take it out and soak it right now. So I was thinking about buying a second inline diffuser or two new in take bazooka type diffusers that way whichever I choose I would have two to swap out during cleanings. If its better and easier to get a reactor I will go that route. I guess I have more reading to do. I have heard about reactors but haven't researched them enough. I just assumed diffusers were more common. What the advantages or disadvantages to choosing a reactor over a diffuser?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.