The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm needing some input on my aquascaping. I just got some plants from fellow members. Thanks amp and nerdyjon!! So, heres some pics as of yesterday and my idea so far. Please pet me know what you all think, good and bad.
Thanks everyone for your help!

edit: the pics aren't showing for me, so if they don't show for you, you can view them here,
http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/candicelee356/

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Looks good but probably removing the background will make it look better and make the real plants stand out... Either paint it with plain black or none... Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Use the actual IMG code link on your photobucket home page. It's a different URL than what you use to view the photo from within photobucket. Here's a visual aid for you:

Basically, you just copy that link that I've pointed an arrow at, then paste it right into your post here at the forums. It already has the

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Glad I could help. ;)

It would be easier to critique with a straight-on FTS, but I'll give a try. It looks like it's off to a good start, and things just need to fill in more, as it seems fairly sparse here and there. But I definitely like the floaters, and I think you should try to feature them more, by either moving them to another area, or replanting the tall plants underneath them to another area.

Also, try to make sure that the taller plants stay in the back and the shorter plants stay up front, which goes a long way to providing depth for your aquascape. I like the MS Paint rendering, and if you use that as a guideline, I think your scape will turn out fantastic. It just takes some time to let the plants fill in, and see how they look next to their neighbors, and stuff like that.

Now give us a straight-on full tank shot!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad I could help. ;)

It would be easier to critique with a straight-on FTS, but I'll give a try. It looks like it's off to a good start, and things just need to fill in more, as it seems fairly sparse here and there. But I definitely like the floaters, and I think you should try to feature them more, by either moving them to another area, or replanting the tall plants underneath them to another area.

Also, try to make sure that the taller plants stay in the back and the shorter plants stay up front, which goes a long way to providing depth for your aquascape. I like the MS Paint rendering, and if you use that as a guideline, I think your scape will turn out fantastic. It just takes some time to let the plants fill in, and see how they look next to their neighbors, and stuff like that.

Now give us a straight-on full tank shot!

Thanks Church, in the pictures everthing is just planted where ever I could fit it in lol. I'll get a full tank shot up tonight some time! and I'll also update this thread once I get the tank scaped. I am planning to use the MS paint as a guidline! Thanks again!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FTS's

Here's the FTS I promised, the first one is with flash the second is without. These are the before shots. I plan to do my 'scaping this weekend! :icon_smil

·
Registered
322 Posts
yea definitely get a solid color background. I got a role of the cheap black plastic like table cloth covering. Then just cut it to fit the tank glass and tape it. The role is enough to cover many many many tanks lol. The current one makes the tank look super cluttered. I like how you have the hanging roots though. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks nismo tetra, I plan to eventully get a solid background. ;)

Here's some pictures of my newly aquascaped tank! Woo Hoo!

Tell me what ya think! :icon_bigg

Full tank shot with flash

Full tank shot with flash 2

Full tank shot with no flash

View from the left side

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.