The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok peeps i need to rejuvenate my tank again and bring it back to speed and up to par with the rest of y'all

obviously i will prob get a black piece of board to put behind the back glass so you can't see through it so in the mean time any and all help or critisicm will be taken!!

here are a few pics

substrate is Eco. have been pondering the idea of removing the pieces of wood and maybe adding some manzanita??? idk. i want to also add more low tech plants as i do not have any C02 on the tank as of now.

please help with some IDEAS!!! thanks!!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
a nice branchy manzanita would be awesome, you don't live far so shipping might not kill you check out tom barr or PC1's pieces, tom barr I believe is plantbrain on this forum, they both have extremely epic pieces and tom might be able to cut the pieces to make shipping cheaper and you can put them together later, very well worth his prices.

also some tall plants would be awesome in the back.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
you will nee root tabs or ossmocoteplus for amazon swords but they are among my favorite large plants. check them out and see if they would work, however with angels an all wood tank would be awesome, check out the 29 gallon black water biotope in the journals section, his tank is pretty epic and can't imagine maintenance is heavy on it, I know my blackwater tank is super easy to maintain

also I only recommended the blackwater idea because the dimensions of your tank are perfect for the style=p

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/t...31-29g-blackwater-biotope-acuario-de-rio.html<dirrect link to the thread im speaking of

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I like what you got as far as wood goes.

Maybe turn it and stack it somehow to that it is more to one side of the other and a tall peak of wood around the middle-left side or middle-right side.

I'd say you need way more plants. I agree with some tall stems or grasses like Vals in the back. I'd be attaching anubias and java fern all over that wood, pretty much any where there is a notch in it I would put a plant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.